$1,004 Monthly Scholarship from Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung – Germany 2022
Join Our Social Networks:
Facebook PageFacebook GroupTwitter AccountLinkedin AccountWhatsapp Group
- Host Country: Germany
- Host Institute: Check Details
- Department / Field: All Subjects
- Course Level: Phd
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: $1,004
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: Germany
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: July 15th (12:00/noon)
- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, we actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
- Currently, our scholars come from 55 countries of the world. Their subjects are various: law, sciences, music as well as medicine, just to name a few.
- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, implementing social and market-economic structures, and promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide. In line with these principles, our Foundation awards scholarships to international master students and graduates in order to enable study and research at universities in Germany. This way, we actively promote intercultural dialogues, the formation of international networks as well as the internationalization of universities and science.
Reward from Scholarship
- The duration and level of funding vary for different types of studies. Graduates (master or postgraduate students) receive a monthly scholarship of € 850 ( € 861 as of August 1, 2020). The standard funding period is two years. After having obtained unconditional admission to doctoral studies at a German university, PhD-students receive a monthly scholarship of € 1.200. The standard funding period for Ph.D. scholars is three years. We also fund research stays in Germany for a minimum of three semesters.
- Besides the monthly stipend, we offer multiple subsidies for our scholars. Upon request, we subsidize health care insurance up to the amount of € 120 per month. We also offer a family allowance of € 276 provided that you and your spouse live together in one place in Germany for at least three months and that his/her income does not exceed the amount of € 450 per month. Additionally, we grant children’s allowance of € 194 per month for children living with you in Germany. Prerequisites are the submission of an official German translation of the child’s birth certificate and the official rejection of your demand for public child allowance.
- In addition, Ph.D. scholars can apply for financial assistance for research stays abroad. However, we do not fund participation in congresses or symposia.
- Fees resulting from courses at the university in Germany that are directly related to your studies can be refunded up to the amount of € 1.500 per semester. However, we do not refund regular semester fees resulting from enrollment or annual re-registration.
Eligibility & Requirements
- have a university degree, as we do not provide support for bachelor studies,
- prove above-average academic performance,
- have good knowledge of the German language (B2-level),
- be actively engaged in voluntary work,
- plan to study a minimum of three semesters at a university in Germany,
- possess a broad general education and distinct interest in political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- be open to developing their personal points of view and practice tolerance,
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of their goals in life.
- Students in Medicine or Pharmacy can only apply after having completed their intermediate exam in Germany or when having achieved a comparable stage of their studies.
- Human or dental medicine specialist training or post-graduate research stays in Germany cannot be supported.
- Persons having already achieved a doctorate are not eligible for a scholarship.
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for our scholarship program.
Each year new focus countries or regions are determined for our selection procedures. In 2021 we will focus on Russia Ukraine, Turkey and Latin America (coordinated through our office in Peru) and interviews will be conducted online. If you are living in one of these countries, you may send your written application directly to the responsible KAS office – please check their websites for the exact procedure and addressee. Students living in countries that are not listed cannot apply for the international selection procedure in 2021.
In case you are already living or studying in Germany, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship via the domestic selection program using our online procedure. Please fill out the application form online and upload all required application documents. Please do not send in any documents by mail as these will not be considered.
- A meaningful CV in tabular form including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment.
- Motivation letter.
- Copies of your examination certificates in German translation if the originals are not in English.
- Copies of your studies performance record if you have been studying at a University in Germany.
- Proof of German language skills (B 2).
- An informal academic letter of recommendation: This letter should provide information about your academic qualifications and potential; it should not be older than two months. The author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- An informal letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality: This letter should focus on your personality and interests as well as on your understanding of values and your social commitment. The author cannot be the same as the one providing the academic letter of recommendation.
- Certificate of admission or matriculation from your university in Germany.
If you are applying for a PhD-Scholarship, please add the following documents:
- A detailed description of your doctoral thesis: This exposé, written in German or English (4-5 pages), should outline the central research question of your proposed project, its scientific relevance, your theoretical approach, and the motives behind your choice of the research subject. It should also contain a work and time schedule and a bibliography.
- A second academic letter of recommendation: This second letter should be written by the supervisor of your doctoral thesis, providing you already have one. It replaces the letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality.
- Confirmation of supervision by your doctor-father or -mother
- July 15th (12:00/noon) each year for the domestic procedure.
$1,004 Monthly Scholarship from Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung – Germany 2022
If you find this article helpful and useful, please do not forget to share it with your friends and loved ones so that they might get a better opportunity. Also, don’t forget to subscribe https://study2compete.com by clicking the bell button at the right bottom of this site.
Study2Compete is the best place for applicants to get information regarding Scholarships advertised by International Universities. Study2Compete’s team trying to help and provide information about newly announced Scholarships to all those Applicants who want to join well-reputed institutions of the globe.
If you have any question or suggestion to improve our services, don’t hesitate to Contact Us or Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org