CARICOM Skills Training For The Green Economy Scholarships – Canada 2022-2023
The Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program provides faculty or international liaison officers/managers from post-secondary institutions located in the CARICOM member and associate member states with short-term exchange opportunities for professional development, graduate study or research at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
- Host Country: Canada
- Host Institute: Canada Universities
- Department / Field: All Subjects
- Course Level: Graduate
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Partial Funding
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: International Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: March 22, 2022
Join Our Social Networks:
CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships, Canada 2022-23 is available to undertake Graduate level programs at Canada Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD for all successful candidates in the form of a contribution agreement and will be responsible for providing the funds to scholarship recipients.
Scholarship values vary depending on the duration of studies:
- CAD 8,200 for technical or vocational education and training (TVET) at the certificate, diploma and associate degree levels, for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study; or
- CAD 14,700 for technical or vocational education and training (TVET) at the certificate, diploma and associate degree levels, for a period of eight months or two academic terms of study.
Scholarship funds should be used towards:
- visa or study/work permit fees;
- airfare for the scholarship recipient only via the most direct and economical route;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study, excluding computers and other equipment.
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos
- Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago; and
- enrolled as a full-time student at post-secondary institutions in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
Candidates are not eligible:
- if they hold or have a pending application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- if they are already participating in scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada; and
- if they are already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
All applications are submitted by the Canadian institution on behalf of candidates. Canadian institutions are encouraged to carefully read the instructions below before beginning the online application. Further information is available on the International Scholarships Canada Application Tool Help webpages.
Each document must be smaller than 5 MB and in .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .txt or .gif format for the application to upload successfully.
Institutions must ensure documents are complete and accurate as per the instructions. Revised documents will not be accepted after the deadline. Documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by a translation.
- Proof of citizenship:
- a copy of the candidate’s passport or national identity card with a photo and valid dates
- documents not accepted as proof of citizenship are: driver’s license, permanent residence card, work permit, student card, health card, birth certificate or baptismal certificate
- proof of citizenship must be from the same country/territory as the citizenship selected in the online application form
- Privacy Notice Statement:
- Letter of intent from the candidate (maximum one page):
- explains the nature of studies or research to be undertaken and how it will prepare them for a career in the green economy sector of their home country/territory
- Letter of proof of full-time enrolment from the home institution (maximum one page):
- on official letterhead
- dated within the last six months
- confirms that the candidate is currently enrolled in a full-time program
- copies of transcripts, a student card or a letter of admission are not acceptable
- Letter of support from the home institution (maximum one page):
- on official letterhead
- dated within the last six months
- from the candidate’s instructor, professor or international director
- explains the nature of study to be undertaken in Canada; its relevance for the green economy sector in the home country/territory; and how the candidate and the home institution will benefit from this scholarship program
- Signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Agreement with the partner institution:
- indicates that tuition fees will not be charged and highlights this specific clause
- college and undergraduate research applications with no existing agreement can include a letter from the international office or equivalent on official letterhead that links the application to a specific international research collaboration, names the Canadian supervisor and confirms that tuition will not be charged. The letter must be dated within the last six months and be a maximum of one page
- expired agreements will not be accepted – if the agreement is in the process of renewal, institutions must include a letter to this effect
- A ranking of applications based on the institution’s strategic priorities must be sent to [email protected] by the March 22, 2022 deadline
If you find this article helpful and useful, please do not forget to share it with your friends and loved ones so that they might get a better opportunity. Also, don’t forget to subscribe https://study2compete.com by clicking the bell button at the right bottom of this site.
Study2Compete is the best place for applicants to get information regarding Scholarships advertised by International Universities. Study2Compete’s team trying to help and provide information about newly announced Scholarships to all those Applicants who want to join well-reputed institutions of the globe.
If you have any question or suggestion to improve our services, don’t hesitate to Contact Us or Email us on [email protected]