Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program AfDB 2021-22
Join Our Social Networks:
Facebook PageFacebook GroupTwitter AccountLinkedin Account[button color=”green” size=”small” link=”https://chat.whatsapp.com/GklgKk2U68Z7MucdrjaUoV” target=”blank” ]Whatsapp Group[/button]
- Host Country: Japan
- Host Institute: University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, University of Nairobi, Kenyatta University, Nelson Mandela Africa Institute of Science and Technology, University of Ghana +9 More
- Department / Field: Energy, Agriculture, Health, Engineering Various
- Course Level: Masters
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: African Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: 31st August 2021.
- The JADS
Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant
professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’
development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy
development and related discipline. The program does not provide
scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
- Upon completion of
their studies, the beneficiary scholars are expected to return to their home
countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills,
and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development of their countries.
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program AfDB 2021-22 is available to undertake Masters level programs at University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, University of Nairobi, Kenyatta University, Nelson Mandela Africa Institute of Science and Technology, University of Ghana, University of Ibadan, University of Ouagadougou, The University of Tokyo, Sophia University, Kyoto University, Osaka University, Hiroshima University, Kogakuin University, Kyushu University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- The scholarship program provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
- The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university. Candidates should be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the energy area or related area; and have a superior academic record. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
- Details on Eligibility Criteria are provided in that call’s Application Guidelines, and these detailed eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
- Broadly speaking, nationals of African countries must:
- Be a national of a AfDB member country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline date;
- Have 1 years or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Accepted unconditionally to enroll in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Not an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- Applicant requests for information and application forms and procedures from the chosen JADS partner university. For any inquiries, please contact JADS@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
- Applicant completes required documents and sends them to the university.
- University evaluates and selects applicants.
- University sends selected candidates to the AfDB.
- AfDB reviews submissions from universities, prepares and approves the final list.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs the universities.