Mauritius Government Funded Africa Scholarship 2021 2022
Join Our Social Networks:
Facebook PageFacebook GroupTwitter AccountLinkedin AccountWhatsapp Group
- Host Country: Mauritius
- Host Institute: Mauritius Universities, University of Mauritius, University of Technology, Mauritius, Mahatma Gandhi Institute
- Department / Field: Finance, Climate Change, Health, Disaster Management
- Course Level: Masters
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: African Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: 07/31/2021
- The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is offering scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus postgraduate programs tenable in public Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
- Mauritius Government funded Africa Scholarship 2021 2022 is available to undertake Masters level programs at Mauritius Universities, University of Mauritius, University of Technology, Mauritius, Mahatma Gandhi Institute.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Climate Change
- Disaster Management
The benefits of the Government of Mauritius Scholarship for Postgraduate Students 2021(Fully-funded) include;
- Tuition fees and
- Contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius
- Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
- Candidates must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries. Mauritian nationals and foreign nationals residing in Mauritius are NOT eligible to apply under this Scheme.
To be considered for the Government of Mauritius Scholarship for Postgraduate Students 2021, candidates must meet the following program requirements.
- Applicants must be African Union member countries.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2021;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
- Applicants are advised to contact the Nominating Agency in their country of citizenship, or, in the absence thereof, the respective Ministry of Education, to obtain details on how to submit applications. Applications for the Scholarships are to be made to the Nominating Agency in the applicant’s country of origin and are NOT to be sent directly to Mauritius by the applicant. The Nominating Agency, which is typically part of Ministry of Education, will select and nominate candidates for Masters Programmes (indicating clearly the level of studies for each nominated candidate). The Nominating Agency of the country of citizenship of the candidates, or the Ministry of Education, will subsequently transmit the endorsed application forms to Mauritius.